Thursday, September 27, 2012












While at work today, I realized that I purchase items from online websites that I have not shared with you.  So I thought I'd let you in on the first of a few secrets!


I purchase many items on Ebay.  I look for those that I consider a good value for a brand I recognize and that have a return policy.  I don't want to tell you what I accumulated before I noticed the return policy.  


Ebay is like a thrift store in some ways.  You have to sift through merchandise to find the treasures.  Read the descriptions carefully and look at  all the pictures. Experienced sellers will tell you the good, the bad and the ugly.  If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You can choose brand new or pre-owned merchandise.  When reviewing prices, remember that most sellers add shipping charges, though not all do.


There are two main ways that you can purchase merchandise: an auction or Buy It Now price.  The auction comes with no guarantees; the item goes to the highest bidder at the last minute.  The Buy It Now price allows you to purchase the item after checking it out and guarantees that it is yours.  


The final information regards auction sniping.  This means that at the very last second another buyer can outbid you and win whatever you have been angsting over for days.  It happened to me the very first time on Ebay.  It was an Anthropologie dress and I was ahead in the bidding until the end.  It was very upsetting at the time.  Now I just accept it as part of the process.   


I have included some pictures of items that are currently on sale, three at Buy It Now prices and one is an ongoing auction.  I suggest that you check out the site before placing a bid or buying.  Ebay itself provides information for buyers that is more detailed.  


I have made some mistakes along the way and learned some hard lessons.  But all in all, I enjoy purchasing from Ebay.  Especially when I get a compliment on a piece that I am wearing and only I know that it cost $7.99!

$89.00 /Sessun Tassel Pumps/Opening Ceremony/New/Buy It Now Price
$54.99 /Prada Pumps /Pre-owned /Buy It Now Price
Frye Boots/ongoing auction/2 bidders/$108.00/over 1 hour left




$99.95/Anthropologie Silk Shirtdress/New/Sizes 2-8/Buy It Now Price

No comments:

Post a Comment