Sunday, October 9, 2011

Ode to Green

I know that Joyce Kilmer said it best with, "I think that I will never see, a poem as lovely as a tree." So I am just following his lead.


It started with a green nail polish by OPI called Jade is the New Black. I saw it in the store and it was the only one. I did not know if that meant it was the most popular polish or if it meant that a sales person found this one bottle in a corner of the stockroom and decided it was time to get rid of it. So I circled around it, pondering. I looked at other greens, but I kept coming back to this one. It was a darker green than I anticipated liking. Finally I picked it up as I realized that I would have buyer's remorse if I did not purchase it. So off to the cash register, I paid for it and brought it home.


Now it stayed around the house for three or four weeks before I used it. By this time, I had invested in a green and white plaid shirt and in a pair of green skinny jeans. So "the greening of me" had begun. One day, I just painted my nails green. Immediately, the compliments started. Friends, co-workers, strangers loved this color. And I do too.


I have been wearing it for several weeks and am quite content with it. I am keeping my fingernails clipped fairly short and squarish across the top. And it goes with everything, which helps to explain the name Jade is the New Black! Now I am looking for a pair of green shoes... So let me know, if you spot any out there in retail land!

No comments:

Post a Comment