Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Flurry of Activity at IFB Causes Blizzard


When I looked at all my notes from the conference, I wondered how I could summarize it for you.  But as I pulled my thoughts together, I realized that it allowed me to see the big picture and the smaller details and put it in perspective. 
 

This was my third IFB conference, definitely the best one in terms of organization and the quality of the panelists. Kudos to the IFB team for an opportunity to learn and to interact with old and new blogger buddies. Of course, there were plenty of friendly fashionistas to admire.
 
On day one, the key word was niche. Be specific and passionate about it. Choose your blog's name carefully and make it clever.  The content should be focused, unique and engaging.  Equally important is linking to social media sites that are in sync with your blog.  Remember this when partnering with brands and affiliate marketers.

Try different approaches and do not be afraid of failure; learn from it.  Maintain your sense of humor. Talk with and listen to your followers as they share your interest in your niche.


On the day two, topics were discussed in more depth, yet there was variety and range in subject matter.  Panels addressed photography, fashion and the law, linkshare, ecommerce, partnering with brands and the evolution of SEOs.  The last one could also be called everything Google knows about you and your blog and it is more than I imagined!









Anthrofashionist  explores Nolita



We had a blizzard the next day but that did not stop anthrofashionist.  I shopped through rain, sleet and snow. I found some new shops in Nolita (love John Fluevog's shoes and the indie designers at NYPull). The following day I explored the Chelsea Antique Market which was not as packed with vendors as usual but enough to pique my interest in vintage. Somehow my suitcase was a bit heavier on the way home and my mind was full of new ideas ...

 


 

 
And the snow falls






 
The next morning outside Chelsea Lodge




An adventure into this well known market






 
View from the China bus window going home



 

No comments:

Post a Comment