Friday, December 6, 2013

lesson learned...

 



 

Yesterday, I planned to wear an outfit to work based on a J. Crew skirt that I bought a while ago, but never wore.  It was the statement piece for the outfit.


 



I recently bought their camo tee shirt and thought I'd put a jacket or sweater over it.  All afternoon I tried different combinations of tops, sweaters, jackets, stockings, socks, shoes, boots, jewelry, etc. 




 

It was time to get dressed and as I slipped the skirt on and zipped it up - oops!  It's too big.  Okay, I'll pin it.  Nope too much material, it bunched up.  Move the button?  No, same problem.  I'm not much of a seamstress so the idea of actually adjusting the waistband was not an option.

 




So all the time and attention and nothing, zip, nada.  So there I am at the last minute, changing into an outfit that is just okay.   On a day when I wanted to look WOW!  Lesson learned: try the important piece on first!

 




 

 

 




 

J. Crew's new camo tee shirt

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

the skirt which is difficult to capture on camera as it sparkles and crinkles...

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 

how it might have looked!  I like mixing the cotton camo tee with the fancy fabric of the skirt.  The colors are in sync, but there's the visual contrast of textures... 

No comments:

Post a Comment