Thursday, March 8, 2012

True confessions of a fashion whore... or the winter of my discontent...

Okay, I have a confession to make about the Marni/H&M collaboration.  I have been following it faithfully and informing you of the updates.

Today was the big day.  I checked last night and much to my distress, the local store was not listed as carrying the collection.  So I figured that meant I would be able to shop online.  I got up early and got "in the queue" for the website.  I waited and waited and then around 10, the clothes and prices appeared and I began the ordering process.

Or so I thought.  I discovered that "the queue" was to get into the store and that H&M does not allow U.S. shoppers online.  So I started looking at other sites using my rudimentary French and Italian.  I figured I could outsmart the system.  But no... I checked Polyvore which had one dress - sold out.  Then to Ebay, the home of the true U.S. entrepreneurs.  There were already lots of listings at astronomical prices... talk about price gouging.

I did send H&M a blast about their incredibly poor method of  communicating with consumers, but no response.

They are probably too busy counting all their money from today's profits... major disappointment.  Lesson learned.  Ready to shop another day, another collection....

No comments:

Post a Comment