Monday, April 2, 2012

Connecting...

Since my last set advises you to connect, communicate and converse with others, I thought I would write a few words.
 
It does concern me that many people do the above activities but with a device rather than in person.  Are we losing some of our relationship building skills in the process?  Do we know how to sit across from one another and talk without stopping at some point to check our device?

Are we so oriented to the visual that we are bored by too many words on the page?  With my blog, I have over 140 people who follow my fashion sets, but only three that follow my written blog.  Does that make a statement?

As my background is in face to face counseling, it is a topic that intrigues me. I do see a shift happening and am not sure what it means.  Perhaps these few words will cause some reflection and discussion.  That is my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment