Thursday, May 2, 2013

the Jane and neighborhood...

Entrance to the Jane
The hallway leading to my room on the 5th floor
My bunk
The Jane Hotel is located at 113 Jane St. in the West Village of Manhattan.  The first time I stayed there, I almost started to cry because there was no closet in my room! 

So having recently stayed there again, there were no surprises.  I settled in quickly, using all the hooks, shelves and drawers for my belongings.  The 5th floor has two toilets, two sinks and two showers, so no problems there.

The West Village is a bit challenging to navigate, but this time I didn't have any difficulties as I found my way more easily through the streets.

I love the architecture in this area and took lots of photos, still using my point and shoot.  Who knew that there were so many interesting older buildings?  who knew that Mario Bartoli set up a restaurant in the area?  who knew that the Tribeca Film Festival used this neighborhood as one of their venues?  who knew that Picolo Angelo was around the corner with such great Italian food?
 
I must say that the West Village is quirky, but then so am I.  A perfect match.  I've already made some tentative plans for a return trip at the end of June with a reservation at the Jane.  And of course, the IFB conference will be in early September somewhere in NYC.  I plan to attend and you know where I'll be staying!

Till the next time, ciao, bellas!
Judy aka anthrofashionist


The foyer at the Jane




 MY CLOSET!


A neighborhood hardware store
Older local garage 




Entrance to Spotted Pig, gastropub, Mario B.'s place...







Display of foliage outside The Spotted Pig

80 1/2 Jane Street!







One of venues for the Tribeca Film Festival













Amazing!