Saturday, June 15, 2013

anthrofashionist goes vintage.... with her buddy, Carolyn...


Squashapenny Junction Antiques, 10530 Doswell Road, Doswell, Virginia 23047, (804)876-3083
 
the train cars behind the rooster belong to the shop,
but there is a real railroad crossing at the junction and you can hear the trains pass through on the tracks...


more of the creative side of the owner, Suzanne...
The owner, Suzanne, told me that the store is technology-free, other than the telephone.  So no indoor photographs were allowed.  But she is open to discussion on that subject. So I hope that she and I can come to an understanding and that I'm allowed to show you the interiors.   I will tell you that everything in her shop is vintage, no reproductions.  As far as visitors, she prefers that those who are interested in the real deal, not a re-do.
I will add photographs of my purchases as soon as my husband goes to sleep and I can get them out of the trunk of the car!  You understand... 





Through the Garden Gate, 10351 Chamberlayne Road, Mechanicsville, Virginia 23116,
                                           (804)746-54778      http://throughthegardengate.net/


Through the Garden Gate is on Route 301 in Hanover County and carries clothing and many other things vintage...




a dresser...
just think how many things you can organize in that large cabinet...




some of the clothing ...


the owner, Pam, spells it out for you, if you haven't gotten the theme...


two vintage mail pouches waiting for good homes....




the golden rule....


the oolala bed... need I say more...

 
vintage wedding photographs...

a fashion form waiting for its wardrobe...
ready to sit down and take a break?



  
a great motto for all of us...