Monday, May 26, 2014

hey, babe....

 

A late bloomer for sure,
amazed I possessed a certain allure,
it was not expected,
after years of being neglected.

My hair red, short and spikey,
my look edgy and quirky,
body toned, make-up in place
sure that I'd maintain a certain figure and face.

Younger and full of sass,
yet as the days added up, it came to pass,
a wrinkle, a sag,
no longer the woman who had "it",
I considered it might be time to quit.

As I pondered, my mind wandered
to a song,
"Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side..."
So that's my new mantra
I've decided to take it out and ride...







 
photo by author
                                              lyrics from "Take a walk on the wild side",
                                                             by Lou Reed



No comments:

Post a Comment